Epidemic Sound Artists Soundtrack the UN’s 17 Global Goals
- Epidemic Sound and Heart 17 continues partnership for the second consecutive year with the goal of spreading awareness around the UN’s 17 Global Goals
- Today, on the UN World Creativity and Innovation Day, Epidemic Sound launches 17 songs for the Global Goals in partnership with the global initiative Heart 17
- To support and help raise awareness of the initiative, 19 Epidemic Sound artists, such as Ebo Krdum and Anna Landström, have created original tracks for the 17 Global Goals
Stockholm, Sweden – Epidemic Sound, the market-leading music licensing platform for content creators, is continuing its partnership with Heart 17 for the second consecutive year. The initiative Heart 17 invites and inspires creators to raise awareness around the UN's 17 Global Goals, also called the Sustainable Development Goals. The Goals are designed to be a blueprint for achieving a better and more sustainable future for all.
Today, on the UN World Creativity and Innovation Day, in an effort to help spread awareness of the goals to new audiences, and to bring them to life through music, 19 Epidemic Sound artists have produced original tracks for each of the 17 Global Goals. Each artist has chosen a goal close to their heart.
This day also marks the launch of Heart 17’s 2023 Art Piece for Hope called ‘Human Choice’. The art piece aims to spread a message of the need for creativity, radical optimism and collaboration to counteract the world’s rising challenges and bring back hope. The art piece includes the song ‘A Future Promise’ by Epidemic Sound artist Christoffer Moe Ditleve. A version of the art piece will also be displayed on the Nasdaq Tower in Times Square at 4.25 p.m. (ET) to mark the UN World Creativity and Innovation Day.
In conjunction with the launch of the songs and the Art Piece for Hope, and with the aim to further raise awareness about the Heart 17 initiative, Epidemic Sound is launching the campaign Creating Change. The campaign highlights why the artists chose to participate in the initiative and their thoughts behind each song. The campaign also encourages creators across the globe to soundtrack their content with the songs to help raise awareness of the 17 Global Goals.
“Music is powerful. It touches our emotions and influences our actions. It brings people together and inspires change. Through music, we want to inspire everyone to make the world a better place. That’s why we soundtracked the UN’s 17 Global Goals'', said Jesper Staffas, VP Music & Artist Operations at Epidemic Sound. “I want to thank our talented artists who’ve brought the goals to life through music. I also want to thank Heart 17 for inviting us to this initiative. We couldn’t be more proud to help spread hope through music.”
”We are incredibly proud and impressed by how Epidemic Sound and all artists have passionately contributed to raise awareness of the 17 global goals through music. To engage artists from multiple genres and from different parts of the world is a fantastic example on how creativity can inspire action, and reach a wider audience. An inspiring work based on the knowledge, engagement, and competence of Epidemic sound and the artists choosing to get involved”, said Anna Rindefjell, Managing Director at Heart 17.
Artist Ebo Krdum has produced the song called ‘Warfree World’ in which he has interpreted the 16th Global Goal – Peace, Justice & Strong Institutions. Ebo Krdum is a Swedish-Sudanese artist, Grammy award winner, self-taught singer, guitarist, and activist. Ebo used his music to peacefully demonstrate against corruption and dictatorship when living in Sudan, which eventually forced him to flee the country and move to Sweden.
“The Global Goal of Peace, Justice & Strong Institutions is a goal very close to my heart, since I have spent my life fighting for these rights. Music and all other creative endeavors are very effective tools to achieve our dreams and goals of maintaining humanitarian peace, co-existence, fighting injustice, mobilizing nations towards unity, rebuilding what was devastated by war, and much more”, said artist Ebo Krdum about his track ‘Warfree World’. “The inspiration for this song was actually a dream I had one day. When I woke up I started to write down the idea of what I'd experienced during my sleep, which was a lovely, green, peaceful, and war-free land.”
The songs are published across streaming platforms and are available in the Epidemic Sound player, enabling content creators to access and use the songs to elevate their content. Heart 17 and other companies who have joined the Heart 17 initiative are also able to use the songs to create inspiring content and campaigns. The Epidemic Sound-owned revenue streams generated from the 17 tracks from 21 april 2023 - 21 april 2024 will be donated to charity, with the hope of encouraging fans, audiences, and content creators to spread, listen to, and use the songs. The donation will be made to the charity Turning Tables, whose purpose is to create space for youths to express hope, frustration and dreams through photo, film, and music.
The 17 Songs for the Goals by Epidemic Sound artists:
- Adelyn Paik, ‘Link Your Arms,’ the soundtrack for Goal 1: No Poverty
- Nico Rengifo, ‘Ya No Quiero Más’, the soundtrack for Goal 2: Zero Hunger
- Torii Wolf, ‘June Lake’, the soundtrack for Goal 3: Good Health and Well Being
- Frontera Bugalú, ‘El Paraíso’, the soundtrack for Goal 4: Quality Education
- Mimmi Bangoura, ‘Forever, Whenever’, the soundtrack for Goal 5: Gender Equality
- Caro Luna, ‘El Agua’, the soundtrack for Goal 6: Clean Water & Sanitation
- Kajsa Lindgren, ‘Opposite to Destruction’, the soundtrack for Goal 7: Affordable & Clean Energy
- Anna Landström, ‘If You Only Would’, the soundtrack for Goal 8: Decent Work & Economic Growth
- HATAMITSUNAMI, ‘Clean As You Go’, the soundtrack for Goal 9: Industry, Innovation & Infrastructure
- DAJANA, ‘Feminist Guys’, the soundtrack for Goal 10: Reduced Inequalities
- Lawd Ito, ‘The Lights’, the soundtrack for Goal 11: Sustainable Cities & Communities
- Christoffer Moe Ditlevsen, ‘A Future Promise’, the soundtrack for Goal 12: Responsible Consumption & Production
- NBHD Nick, ‘My Turf’, the soundtrack for Goal 13: Climate Action
- Jones Meadow + Clara Mendes, ‘Em Baixo’, the soundtrack for Goal 14: Life Below Water
- Siine feat. Frank Moody, ‘Show Me Life’, the soundtrack for the Goal 15: Life on Land
- Ebo Krdum, ‘Warfree World’, the soundtrack for Goal 16: Peace, Justice & Strong Institutions
- Ooyy, ‘Atlas 17’, the theme song for the initiative and the soundtrack for Goal 17: Partnerships for the Goals
Listen to the songs through the official playlist with all 17 songs here: https://www.epidemicsound.com/music/playlists/creating-change/.
Read more about the partnership and campaign here: https://www.epidemicsound.com/campaign/heart-17/.
About Heart 17
There is a plan. Heart 17 is a social enterprise dedicated to counteracting despair and bringing back hope. By changing the narrative and raising the level of creativity we can accelerate hope and progress towards the 17 Global Goals. In collaboration with artists, science, business, youth organizations, and other creatives.
A Collective act for Hope. Across silos. United by Creativity.
For more information go to https://heart17.com.