Epidemic Sound wraps YouTube series ‘Behind the Sound’ with spotlight on Latin indie pop artist, Lawd Ito
- This week sees the publication of the final episode of ‘Behind the Sound’, showcasing the journey of Lawd Ito, hosted by YouTuber and photographer, Vuhlandes
- The five-part YouTube series has put the spotlight on the musical journeys of five Epidemic Sound music creators - Torii Wolf, grammy-winning, Ebo Krdum, Alex Kehm, Dajana, and Lawd Ito
- Hosted by content creators such as Vuhlandes and That Icelandic Guy, ‘Behind the Sound’ episodes have dropped on Epidemic Sound’s YouTube channel each Wednesday for the last five weeks
Stockholm, Sweden – Epidemic Sound, the market-leading platform for restriction-free music, today brings its five-part YouTube series - ‘Behind the Sound’ - to a close, having shone a light on the passion, motivation, and musical journeys of five Epidemic Sound artists.
The final episode, published today, brings together New Jersey-based Latin indie pop artist, Lawd Ito, with YouTuber and photographer, Vuhlandes. It showcases the former’s journey from a rock drummer living in his car and making music cover videos for Instagram, to an Epidemic Sound artist making a living by doing what he loves and thriving from the partnership.
“Within a month of working with Epidemic Sound, I’d gone from living in my car, to having my own apartment, a new car and feeling like I was in a good place financially,” explains Lawd Ito. “I’m very grateful that I get to make a living just making music, and I love that I have a lot of creative control over my own music - the process is very open minded and I have many opportunities to experiment with different styles of music in the Latin genre”.
One such track under this genre is Lawd Ito’s, Belén, which viewers will be able to get a sample of through a live acoustic performance in today’s episode.
Hosted by content creators and videographers from Epidemic Sound’s extensive network of storytellers - such as Vuhlandes and That Icelandic Guy - episodes of ‘Behind the Sound’ have dropped each Wednesday for the past five weeks on Epidemic Sound’s YouTube channel.
“We’ve loved working together with Vuhlandes and That Icelandic Guy to help showcase the incredible journeys of five of our artists - these collaborations are a testament to creativity as a whole and the craftsmanship that goes into the art of creation,” comments Linn Westerberg, Director of DSP Partnerships & Music Recruitment at Epidemic Sound. “We’re so proud of our artists’ journeys and we’re delighted we were able to facilitate this initiative to help shine a light on them”.
To view each episode of ‘Behind the Sound’, follow the below links:
- Episode One: Torii Wolf and Vuhlandes
- Episode Two: Ebo Krdum and That Icelandic Guy
- Episode Three: Alex Kehm and Vuhlandes
- Episode Four: Dajana and That Icelandic Guy
- Episode Five: Lawd Ito and Vuhlandes
To check out Epidemic’s full range of tracks and sound effects, visit: https://www.epidemicsound.com/music/featured/