Epidemic Sound Artists Unite to Soundtrack the 17 Sustainable Development Goals
- Global music tech company Epidemic Sound has joined the Heart 17 global initiative, in partnership with the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- Epidemic Sound artists have created original tracks for six of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals, to bring the goals to life through music and raise awareness
- The initiative collaborates with companies, youth leaders, and changemakers around the world to shine light on the goals and encourage action
Stockholm, Sweden – Global music tech company Epidemic Sound has joined the Heart 17 global initiative, in partnership with the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), to bring together young people and the creative and private sectors to fight poverty, inequality and climate change. Six Epidemic Sound music creators have produced original tracks for goals close to their heart, bringing them to life through music and raising awareness. The initiative collaborates with companies, youth leaders, and changemakers around the world to shine light on the goals and encourage action.
Artist Ooyy has soundtracked the entire initiative, the Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 17 - Partnerships for the Goals.
“My track, ATLAS17, is all about the hopeful feeling you get when you start something big and let it evolve together with others into something even bigger and more beautiful, just like the earth in a way. I portrayed the beautiful parts of the track with strings and other classical instruments from all over the world, combined with the more futuristic and electronic sounds to create this bigger picture and storyline that I hope people can relate to and be inspired by. It's all about coming together and inspiring each other.”, Epidemic Sound artist Ooyy says about his track ‘Atlas 17’.
The commitment to UNDP will also mark the official release of 5 additional new songs by Epidemic Sound artists to support the Heart 17 vision, including:
- Adelyn Paik, ‘Link Your Arms,’ the soundtrack for SDG 1 No Poverty
- Torii Wolf, ‘June Lake’, the soundtrack for SDG 3 Good Health and Well Being
- Nico Rengifo, ‘Ya No Quiero Más,’ a soundtrack for SDG 2 Zero Hunger
- Mimmi Bangoura, ‘Forever, Whenever,’ the soundtrack for SDG 5 Gender Equality
- Nbhd Nick, ‘My Turf’, the soundtrack for SDG 13 Climate Action
Together with Heart 17, Epidemic Sound will continue to support efforts to raise awareness around the SDGs and spark hope and inspiration to change with the art of music.
Read more about the partnership here: https://www.epidemicsound.com/campaign/heart-17/
ABOUT HEART 17:
Heart 17 is an initiative dedicated to accelerate progress towards the 17 Global Goals. We do it together with youth leaders, brands, artists, scientists, innovators and other creatives. We believe in the collective act and that the power of creativity will lead to progress. In partnership with the United Nations Development Programme.